First off she is not a vegetable. She has the ability to move a little. The tube should be reinserted. Them starving her to death is inhumane. I bet if people on the forum had a family memeber in that situation, it would a different story.
First off she is not a vegetable. She has the ability to move a little. The tube should be reinserted. Them starving her to death is inhumane. I bet if people on the forum had a family memeber in that situation, it would a different story.
does everyone understand where i'm coming from on my point?
hey labonte, who's ur professor? I was j/w because i had a discussion about it in one of my classes today too
apparently not?
it's not "a state of minimal consciousness"...it's a persistent vegitative state
under florida law, a persistent vegitative state is a terminal illness...as is cancer and the like
the process has been through 6 courts and 19 judges and they have all determined that michael schiavo is acting in the best interest of terri schiavo
these doctors or experts who say they can rehabilitate her are absolutely wrong...if they have the "magical powers" or "medicine" to cure this, why aren't they giving this to the thousands of others who are in the same state as terri schiavo????
of the 700,000 terri schiavo received in her settlement with the doctors who misdiagnosed her only 50,000 remains after rehab and many doctor trips to calif. to try and cure her..and michael schiavo has offered that 50,000 to charity....so those who say he is in it for the money are just plain wrong as well
michael schiavo has a girlfriend and a child outside of his marriage to terri schiavo...many say he just wants her to die so he can live in peace with his gf...that is also false, if he wanted to he could divorce terri and turn her over to her parents and walk away, but this is not the case...she made this wish to him and to others while at funerals that she did not want to be kept alive like this...he wants to act out this wish
her father is just plain crazy, he stated in the court hearing that if given the opportunity he would cut off all her limbs if it meant it would keep her alive....thats just plain disturbing
many of the nurses have testified that michael schiavo is "a nurses worst nightmare" and "he would have the nurses in tears in order to get them to help and take care of his wife"
his mother died of cancer and he had to go through the same thing with her...they made the choice to take her of life support and he has had to live with that for his whole life as well
the doctor who has recently come out to say she is not in a vegitative state actually said that he did not "examine" her...rather he looked at 3 year old film of a 4 1/2 hr long tape of terri with a maximum of 30 seconds of noises and blinks...the nurses testified that these same noises could be heard when no one was in the room, so shes not "reacting" to anyone, it is just a symptom of her illness
the bill that jeb bush has issued is actually a "bill of attainder" and will be declared unconstitutional
in the end, it will be found in favor of michael schiavo and her tubes will be taken away so she can finally make peace and go to Heaven
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
I think they should let the woman go ahead and pass on, shes been through enough already. She is never going to be able to function properly the rest of her life. I have seen people with Alheimers (sp?) they are bad but at least they can somewhat live a half way normally life. This woman can not, she has been put through enough and once they determined she could not be treated and brought back to some sort of normality then they should have let her pass on.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
With Easter coming up, does anything think theres a hidden meaning to all this? Any connection you think?
I was thinking the same thing. With this being the passion week it truly makes one think.
I think that is partially the point how properly should someone function in order to be allowed to live(actually provided food and water)? I will be the first to say this case is the grayest shade of gray even if the lady had a living will I would still paint this area gray since she has only been feed and watered via feeding tube and not actually "Kept alive" From all accounts the woman would probably never be any better than she is right now however I have read that through therapy she could be taught to chew and swallow (I assume the food and water) again. in which case she would be 100% off any external device. I think that if it is the wish of this lady to die I would have a hard time denying her that wish However it scares me that the Government/courts could decide what quality of life level would need to be reached before healthcare could be removed. The i.e. The mentally handicapped, Altimeters suffers, quadriplegics, Terminal Cancer (or any other disease)
I don't know what the right solution is but I have a hard time with the notion of allowing a person to starve/dehydrate to there death even if they do not suffer.
Bookmarks